gymgals!

gymgals!
Gymnastics Team

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Not Qualified for Clinical Trial, Phase 3 :(

Hey All, Sadly I learned I am not qualified to be on the Trial for Ivacaftor, a pill that helps your Gene's blocked protein channels which stops the process of Sticky muscous that causes infection and chaos. They want patients that have PFTS, FEV! % at 40-90 %. I am 98-103.
BUTTT, atleast I'm not in a situation to fret. I have picked up gymnastics again, and it brings me back to life!!!

2 comments:

  1. wow your FEV is so good! I wish mine was like that! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MissLys!!! As good as my numbers look, I still suffer from the side effects of taking Azithromax antibiotic pills for over 10 years. While it depresses infection in the lungs, it also hurts good lung cells, causing 24/7 inflammation, so I always feel out of breath! :(

    *I do this little trick I slowly breathe in like a would thru a straw and try and hold it for 10 seconds, works better than albuterol! thanks for your comment!!!

    ReplyDelete